Southeast Asian Churches in Minnesota & Wisconsin
In our state convention, we have 22 churches that were started by immigrants and refugees from Southeast Asia. Many of these churches are going back and taking the gospel to their own people. Through connections with our Southeast Asian churches, we have a unique opportunity to pray, give, and go to Southeast Asia to support churches and believers there.
The gospel is spreading in Southeast Asia. Unfortunately, persecution is also increasing. In recent years, regional authorities have started clamping down on house churches. The police are arresting church leaders and putting them in jail. Believers also face persecution from fellow villagers who may force them to leave the village. Through SEA Harvest, we can encourage and support churches and believers in Southeast Asia.
Reaching the Lost, Village by Village
In the Chiang Rai province of Thailand, many minority groups live together, including the Hmong and the Mien. In one particular village, over a hundred Hmong families converted to Christianity through a radio ministry. Hmong believers shared the gospel with Mien families who lived in the same village, resulting in one Mien family coming to Christ.
Even though the Mien people speak a different language from the Hmong, Hmong believers were able to communicate the gospel. This is because they have learned each other’s languages from years of living together. The gospel continues to spread as the new Mien believers reach out to their own people.
Main Objectives of SEA Harvest
* Translating discipleship resources for minority groups.
* Teaching Bible lessons online in closed countries.
* Training indigenous pastors and leaders to become better disciple makers.
Pray for Southeast Asia
- Pray for the Gospel of Jesus Christ to continue spreading to places that have not heard in Southeast Asia.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to change the hearts of those who have not accepted Christ.
- Pray for God’s strength upon believers so they can endure through persecution.
- Pray for governing authorities to show favor on churches and believers.
- Pray for God to provide the necessary resources to do this work.
Thank you for your partnership with the Minnesota-Wisconsin Baptist Convention as we labor together to meet the needs of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ living in Southeast Asia.
You can give to the State Missions Offering through your church or online by clicking the Donate button below.
“The harvest is abundant, but the workers are few. Therefore, pray to the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest.” Luke 10:2