The initial residents of both Minnesota and Wisconsin were the various Native American tribes including: Ojibwe, Oneida, Menominee, Potawatomi, and Dakota Sioux.
Early immigrants include northern Europeans and Scandinavians, from Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Germany, Belgium, Poland, and others.
The dominant religious groups include Catholics and Lutherans. For additional information go to https://www.glenmary.org/rcms2010/
Outdoor activities go on year round. Family is a priority concern.
Some suggestion for dealing with culture issues:
- Work to understand and affirm the cultural heritage
- Ask a long-term local resident about the local culture
- Become a student of the culture
- Do not judge culture prematurely
- Remember that God transcends culture and loves people
For additional information, consider the following web sites: