Clinical Pastoral Education for Minnesota-Wisconsin Baptist Pastors
Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) is a training program focused on improving a pastor’s self-care and caring skills. CPE is delivered in units consisting of several months of weekly meetings by an extended format via Zoom and 300 hours in a ministry setting. Hospitals and hospices usually require one to four units of CPE for chaplains who work for them. CPE allows pastors to have a bivocational career more closely aligned with their ministry skills. Many hospices are currently seeking chaplains and have part-time positions that coordinate well with the schedule of a bivocational pastor.
CPE changes the lives of the students and the people receiving care. Most people who do CPE will relate that it changes their lives considerably as they examine issues they had not previously considered. CPE teaches and reinforces a life-long skill of theological reflection which helps students manage anxiety and lead well.
The MWBC is sponsoring a CPE unit in 2023 that will meet on Thursday nights via Zoom September 4 to February 18, 2024 from 7pm to 9pm CST. CPE tuition is normally $1,199 per unit. The MWBC has arranged for MWBC pastors to take their first unit for $250. The group is limited to nine pastors. Pastors will pay their application fees ($75), for their books ($45), and $250 for tuition.
The CPE course provided is affiliated with Clinical Pastoral Education International (CPEI). CPEI is accredited by International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). CPEI is currently applying for Department of Education accreditation which would qualify its board-certified chaplains to work for the Veterans Administration.
Please contact Clint Calvert at 507-254-0237 or email@example.com for more information.
- Assess Church Leadership Needs
- Assess Church Leaders
- Implement Leadership Pipeline
- Penny Reedy – Children’s Ministry Specialist
- Chris Phillips – Student Ministry Specialist
- Jack Bell – Adult Discipleship Specialist
- Undergraduate – Hannibal-LaGrange University
- Graduate – Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Roy Hopgood, Jr. – African American Ministries
- Charles Dunning – Facilities
- Betsy Timmons – Worship
- John Burke – Capital Stewardship
Please contact our office to request a consultation.
- Ministry opportunities at EMPOWER, Hands of Hope, Called Out
- Opportunities to train at Associational Clinics