“Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
Your state convention Disaster Relief directors were on a national conference call with the CDC (Center for Disease Control) today. We have been asked to solicit your church’s possible help during this Corona 19 Virus “large response with extreme impact.” We have been asked to provide “wrap around services” to those exposed who are sheltering in place. These include things they will need during self-isolation at home.
These services provided through our churches could include the following:
- Meal preparation from your church kitchen (food supplies to be determined)
- Delivery of meals to homes (drop and go)
- Food boxes (from food banks) which includes food staples (drop and go)
- These need to be assembled and distributed
- Emotional/Spiritual care support
- Coordination and logistics are being arranged, but we have been asked to get a contact list of those willing to participate in these needs
- Each church will probably be working through a local health department who will be providing all the logistics
- State/Local health departments are authorized with the lead in developing all the logistics for this type of response
- Please contact us quickly if your church is willing to help and in what areas you can volunteer
This is a great opportunity for hands-on
ministry right in your community.
507-282-3636 MWBC Office