Being Southern Baptist
- MWBC – On Being Southern Baptist
- MWBC – Stewardship/Cooperative Program
- SBC – Meet Southern Baptists
- SBC – The Many Faces of the Southern Baptist Convention
- SBC – Baptist Faith & Message
Cooperative Program Digital Kit
Contained within this kit is a set of resources to help you as you call your church to greater financial stewardship and support of missions and ministry through the Cooperative Program.
- Dr. Leo Endel – Baptist Ordination
- MWBC – Pastor Search Committee Workbook
- MWBC – Calling of an Interim Pastor
- BGAV – [Deacon] Training for Servanthood
- ALSBOM – The Deacon Book
- Brotherhood Mutual – Deacon’s Bench: practical risk management guidance to help today’s Christian ministries thrive.
- Brotherhood Mutual – Safety Library
- Protect My Ministry
- Child Abuse
- Becoming a Church that Cares Well for the Abused
- ADF – 10 Ways to Protect Your Church
- Short Security Assessment
Plan for Threats
With everything from fire to vandalism, severe weather to a threat of violence, ministries face many challenges to their safety and security. You need a comprehensive approach to a safe and secure church. This ministry-focused kit helps you recruit, train, and equip a safety and security team that both protects and serves your congregation. The cost is less than an in-service security course and equips you for perpetual training. Be sure to use the discount code noted on the page.
If your church is about to begin a building project, congratulations! To help make the process proceed smoothly here is a Building Process Timeline (which takes from 1 ½ to 3 ½ years). The Timeline offers a checklist for the four-step process which includes actions, responsibilities, and outside assistance.
Is your church plant ready to own its first building? Ask these ten questions to find out.
If you have any questions or desire further help, please contact Clint Calvert, Church Leadership Catalyst, Minnesota-Wisconsin Baptist Convention at firstname.lastname@example.org 507-254-0237.
GuideStone Financial Resources
Pastors/churches are able to establish retirement accounts, as well as apply for the Pastor Protection Plan and Mission Church Assistance Fund by enrolling over the phone: 1-888-98-GUIDE (1-888-984-8433) Monday-Friday, 7 a. m. to 6 p.m. CST or go to the GuideStone website at www.guidestone.org/SBCChurchBenefits.
- MWBC/GuideStone Benefits
- Minister and Church Assistance Fund
- GuideStone Webinar: Are you properly invested?
Mission:Dignity is looking for retired Southern Baptist ministers, workers and their widows whose income is insufficient to meet their daily needs to see if they might be eligible for assistance from our Mission:Dignity ministry.
Most church strategic planning processes are too intense to be practical for the smaller church. We make it harder and longer than it needs to be. People get bored and tired. By the time the planning process is complete no one has any enthusiasm for the work that needs to be done. By contrast, Dr. Leo Endel’s plan calls for the planning to be completed in one or two three-hour meetings with the church leadership. This enables the church to quickly move on toward implementing the plan while interest is still high.
Dr. Leo Endel – Where Do We Go From Here?
- Tax Guidance for Ministers
- Housing Allowance
- Charitable Giving
- Legal Considerations (Powerpoint)
- 1099 Employee to W2 Conversion
- Independent Contractor
- Instruction for 1099
- Workmen’s Comp-MN
- Workmen’s Comp-WI
Constituting a Church
Dissolution of a Church
- Inurement to Insiders
- Articles of Dissolution
- Distribution of Assets
- Filing Notice of Intent to Dissolve
- IRS and Churches
- Legacy Workbook-7
- Voluntary Dissolution
- Baptist History
- Why I Believe in the Cooperative Program
- The Biblical Role of the Pastor
- The Mapping Center